Saturday, April 26, 2014

No time for 20-time

I've been ridiculously busy these past two weeks so I haven't been able to touch my banjo as much as I'd like to. But...I'm going to try and upload a video of me playing tomorrow. Get excited.

I've been really struggling to find a mentor. I don't know anyone else who plays the banjo and I've searched online for people but the nearest banjo instructor is several hours away. I know there's a really cute bluegrass band that used to play at Journeys every other Monday night. Maaaaaaybe I could try contacting Journeys and try to get the name of the band and then the name of the banjo player and gahhal;sdlkjdfs this is hard.

I'll stop by next Monday I have a chance and see if they're still around. They're a group of retired men who get together and play bluegrass for fun and they're a genuine joy to listen to: they're always talking to each other and laughing and occasionally yelling at one another what the next chord is supposed to be, then making fun of the one that forgot because he's old and forgetful...all the while creating some of the greatest bluegrass one has ever heard. Nothing quite makes me as happy as well-executed bluegrass harmonies - something, unfortunately, I won't be able to do by myself for my presentation...anyone want to sing with me? B)

For now, my backup plan is the happybanjodude guy/website I linked to earlier. I have no idea where he lives, but I can always contact him if I have questions and maybe I'll have a Skype lesson or two with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment