Sunday, May 4, 2014

Hello again

I wish I could think of creative titles for my blog posts.

Anyway, not much is different this week, except I've been working on the invitations for the project fair (which I won't actually be at.. :[ ). To add to that, I'm still struggling to find a mentor.

So I'll post the video (I pinky promise!) either tonight or tomorrow night. For next week, I want to be able to play the entirety of Paranoia in Bb Major and I'll try to get a video posted of that, too :) I'll also try to get back to work on the Rolling Stones' song!

In case you're curious, the video I'll be posting soon is my very terrible rendition of "Foggy Mountain Breakdown", the quintessential banjo piece of all banjo pieces. Earl Scruggs basically defined the bluegrass style with his three-fingered picking style. I was at first going to link to the original song, but I thought I'd share this version, played by Scruggs himself 50-60 years after he first wrote the song, along with some of his friends. Why? Because Steve Martin is a bomb-diggity banjo player, and Scruggs was still rocking it at over 80 years old.

BOMB-DIGGITY CLICK HERE TO LISTEN

Wish I had more to say! Things will get more interesting soon, I promise!

4 comments:

  1. do you ever plan of preforming in public?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm planning to perform for you guys for the final project and maybe I'll play a bit at our Pitch on Tuesday!

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry you won't be there :c I would love to hear you play some time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, it turns out my lacrosse game is earlier in the day on Tuesday so I'll be able to make it to the Pitch. Maybe I'll play some then :)

      Delete