Sunday, May 11, 2014

Hi guys!

This past week has been about the same - I've been busy with the musical and haven't had a ton of time for the banjo, but I did get to spend 6th hour on Friday alone in a choir practice room with my instrument, which was quite nice :) I do think I'm getting a better handle on the instrument and becoming more comfortable with the fingerpicks.

Lately I've been working on various scales on the neck so I could begin to figure out the cool runs in the Paint it Black cover I linked to in my very first blog post. What I've learned: pentatonic scales, which are super duper easy to play and use on guitar, are actually pretty tedious on banjo. I guess that's why you don't usually see people shredding up and down a banjo neck like you'd do on guitar.Anyway, I'm determined to have some semblance of knowledge regarding scales on a banjo, and I found a nifty site that will tell you basically any scale you've ever even thought of and then some and show it to you on the neck of the banjo (or any other instrument...cool.) 

And lastly, we've got our pitch this Tuesday! For anyone who's reading this who isn't already participating in it, please come to our 20 time presentation on Tuesday 7-8 at the Northwood Hach Center! Maybe I'll play a little bit for you :)

BYE

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, the website is so cool! I loved seeing your pitch at the fair, you are very dedicated and that is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete